Custom Search

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Smooth Away for Hair Removal



Smooth Away for Hair Removal

As an alternative to shaving and waxing, I decided to give Smooth Away a try. I have a battle with hair removal. Actually, it's an all out never ending war. I have mutant hair. The kind that grows back the very next day after shaving. Waxing, which normally keeps you in the clear for 2 weeks lasts a mere 3-4 days and brings hellacious ingrown hairs. Cream removals get the job done with minimal ingrown hairs, but the hair grows back quickly and standing around in the bathroom inhaling the scent while it “works” is not the least bit sexy. Try using Nair for hair removal before getting dressed up in lingerie for your man and see how that goes. I heard about Smooth Away from my six year old daughter. She asked me to buy it for her. Yes. She is six. Why she is concerned about hair removal or smooth away is beyond me. She saw an infomercial for it. I told her it probably didn’t work and she didn’t need to remove any hair. Secretly though, I got online after she went to bed to look for Smooth Away. I ended up not ordering it online, but went to Target the next day and it was there in the checkout lane. Smooth Away. $9.99. I picked it up.

The directions were pretty simple. The pads look like a pumice scour pad. You just peel the backing and apply it on the applicator. There are two sizes of applicators. I go with the larger one. I have mutant hair to tackle. I decide to try it on my bikini line. The directions stated clockwise 3 times, counterclockwise 3 times, repeat until hair is removed. I had to do about 30 clockwise/counterclockwise sets. Slight irritation and dusty gray all over, but the hair was gone. But where did it go? I still haven’t figured that out yet. I applied lotion, and the dusty gray went away. Smooth Away calls this dusty gray stuff a result of exfoliation. I call it gray dust. The red irritation also went away after awhile. I used Smooth Away about four days after using Nair. My hair had already sprouted like weeds by then. Smooth Away got rid of the hair pretty quickly. I haven’t mustered up the courage to try it on my face, the other hair patch that causes me grief. I’m afraid it will be too irritating.

A few days after using Smooth Away, like most other methods, I was left with ingrown hairs. This is normal to me as many other hair removal methods cause ingrown hairs. Of course, my hair had already returned. I used Smooth Away again and gone! I think I really like this product.  I don’t know if I would substitute it completely for wax or for standing around 10 minutes with Nair, but Smooth Away is good for in between.

xoxo

din

5 comments:

  1. ... I cringed at every word... but very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this product and I cannot say it more proudly...I LOVE IT! I did not get ingrown hairs after but it did grown back quickly. I rather use it on the smaller spots that shaving normally give ingrowns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative!! I'll be following this blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I just didn't follow the directions right or something b/c it didn't really work for me (but I also refuse to scrub at my skin more than 30 times)

    ReplyDelete