Custom Search

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mesotherapy Injections

Mesotherapy

Why did I subject myself to mesotherapy? Cellulite pretty much sucks and I’m pretty sure I am not the only one who detests cellulite. I’m sure I am joined by millions of you out there. I also can bet most of you millions have tried all kinds of things to rid yourself of the dimples. I have tried it all. Slatherings of all sorts, brutal rub downs and scrubbings, constrictive saran wraps, everything. The most extreme of all these “dimple cures” being mesotheraphy injections. Now, I am a total wimp when it comes to needles. I hate them! I cry, hyperventilate and run around the lab screaming like a banshee when I have to have my blood drawn. Needles and I are not compatible. But for beauty, bring it on!

 

I went to a plastic surgeon’s office in Houston to have the mesotherapy injections. I don’t know exactly what made me pick him, I just found out he did them and I was on the phone booking my appointment. “Yes. Hi. I have cellulite and I need mesotherapy.” I got an appointment within 2 days. Considering the procedure, I should have done more due diligence in selecting a doctor, but I had a one track mind at that point. Must…get…cellulite…free. During those two days when I should have been researching mesotherapy, I combed through my closet to move all the outfits I would be able to wear sans spanx to the front. I went shopping and bought a swimsuit. I had to go shopping anyway for a birthday gift and just happened to pass a hot swimsuit. My now husband’s birthday was the same day as my mesotherapy injections.

 

I enter the office. I am weighed, 117 pounds. I am then asked some general questions beyond what was on the 50 forms I completed. Was there a form for side effects? Oh well, where are the injections? Ten minutes later the doctor walks in and tells me I will have fabulous results. Great! I am given about 5-7 injections on either side of my outer thighs, inner thighs, and the back of my thigh. No pain. I pull up my jeans and ask if there are any special instructions. None. He tells me I may experience some swelling, but it will go down in a few days. Hmmm… ok. Sounds fine. I pay $1200 and I leave the office with instructions to return in 2 weeks. I have exactly 4 hours to get ready for dinner.

 

I drive home, which is about 15 minutes away from the office. I walk in and I notice my thighs are rubbing together as I walk. Huh? My thighs don’t do that. I decide to go inspect in my full length mirror. This must be the swelling doctor mentioned. The problem is, this “swelling” is not minor. It’s major. As in what looked like an eight inch increase around my hips. I was HUGE!! I peel off my jeans. Yes. I said peel. I had swollen up so much I stretched my jeans out 2 sizes larger. I look in the mirror. Even worse without clothing. I was swollen and I looked like someone had taken a baseball bat and repeatedly beat me over and over again. I had given “thunder thighs” new meaning. This was not the sexy happy birthday look I was going for that night.

 

I went to dinner anyway dressed in the nicest dress I had that covered up the disaster called my thighs. I arrived before my husband did so I was already seated at the table hiding my mesotherapy thunder thighs. Halfway through dinner he decided to feel me up and reached back in horror. “What’s wrong with you!?” he asked. All I could do was tell him what happened. “Cellulite. Don’t want it. Mesotherapy. Swollen. Disaster.” Our evening ended early.

 

Two weeks and 14 days in the same sweatpants later, all the swelling had gone down and all bruises vanished. I was cellulite free!!! Even better, an added bonus was I had lost inches. I don’t know the exact amount of inches. I never bothered to measure. I was too giddy with my cellulite free thin thighs. I did slip into some size 25 jeans which I had never been able to do before. These were magic mesotherapy injections! I was so pleased with my results, I cancelled my second set of injections. Plus, I didn’t think I could hide out again for another 2 weeks. My results lasted for a good three years or so then I got pregnant and my smooth, slim, cellulite-free thighs turned into something like a cross between cottage cheese and jello.

 

So- mesotherapy. Totally worth it. Just make sure you don’t have anything important to do for about 2 weeks following your mesotherapy treatment. Oh, and don’t think it’s something you can do and hide from your significant other. “Honey, I’ve been working out!” It’s not. He WILL notice. It’s said you need between 2 and 4 mesotherapy treatments. I got away with 1. I could have gone back, but I didn’t see the need for it. I definitely recommend mesotherapy!!

xoxo

din

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information I have been considering the procedure and kept getting mixed reviews and horror stories.Would you suggest I use the same doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Smith Cosmetic Center in Houston, TX and I think he did a great job! I definitely recommend him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly i am sick of working out and never getting rid of this cellulite. i think i'm going to do myself a favor and get these injections. do you recommend i take time off from work or can i come in with baggier clothes? i need to do something because this is out of control!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just called this doctor's office and he doesn't do mesotherapy anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete