Custom Search

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sephora Trip

Today I made my restocking trip to Sephora, one of my happy places. Other happy places include Isle Pedi Spa, Bliss Catalog and a Well Stocked Bar. I thought I would share with you some of my regular beauty items and why I love them so.

 

DDF Organic Sun Protection SPF 30. I wear sunscreen religiously in hopes of retaining a youthful appearance well into my 70’s. I don’t know if I will be able to handle botox injections nor am I sure I WANT them, so I have to do what I can to prevent aging. I’m really not interested in looking old. Lately, most sunscreens I used made me break out. This seemed to happen after having my son. I couldn’t figure out why all of a sudden I was breaking out. The helpful sales associate at Sephora pinpointed the issue for me. I was having a reaction to the chemical ingredients in many sunscreens. Quick pause… NO this is not reason for you to avoid sunscreen!!! Ok, back to what I was saying. She suggested I try this DDF brand. Not only do I not break out, it’s not greasy and even though it isn’t a “moisturizer,” I can get away with just the DDF itself on warm days. It also doesn’t leave that thick, white layer on your face that makes you look like a mime.

 

Dior Show Mascara in Black. I don’t see anything wrong with Tammy Faye Baker eyelashes. The longer and thicker, the better! I’m not particularly adept in applying false lashes (I would wear them everyday!) therefore I have to find other ways to pump up my lashes. Dior Show Mascara does the trick and it does it without clumping and flaking.

 

Clinique Moisture Surge. Sometimes you need a little extra moisture, but you don’t want to slather on another cream. This stuff is great. It’s a lightweight gel and really gives you the extra hydration you need. We used this like mad on our ski/snowboard trip to Tahoe last spring to keep our skin supple. Even the guys used it. Shhhh….

 

Benefit Benetint. This is an oldie but goodie. I urge everyone to try it out next time they are in Sephora. If the hue works on your skin tone, it will become an essential part of your product collection. Benetint creates the perfect rosy tint and I love that it isn’t a powder or a cream, just a stain. This makes it great for summertime, especially if you live in an oven like I do: Houston, TX.


 

Bliss Hot Salt Scrub. I go through so much of this, I wish they would make it in ginormous jumbo size. This is the best scrub ever. It feels awesome, smells awesome and your skin is baby smooth afterwards. My Sunday evening ritual is a Bliss Hot Salt Scrub and a bottle glass of wine. Light some candles and it’s like the spa came to me. Of course, it would be even better if someone did it for me and all I had to do was lie down and have dead skin sloughed off, but there is no Bliss in Houston (Bliss, where are you!?), so my spa re-creation is the next best thing.


 

Philosophy Pure Grace. A clean, crisp, light fragrance. Normally, my preference in fragrance is odd. I like weird scents nobody else does such as Alexander McQueen’s Kingdom. Once when I went to buy a bottle, the sales associate asked me why I wanted to buy it. Apparently, the rest of the world felt the same way. Kingdom has been discontinued. I wish it would come back. I’m on my last drop. But, back to Pure Grace. A great, clean everyday scent. I get lots of compliments.

 

That’s all in my little black bag today. I also saw lots of great stuff to try, so check back for posts in the near future. I always seem to leave Sephora with an issue I didn’t even know I had until seeing a product.

11 comments:

  1. I've used the Benefit Benetint before, and I really liked it as a cheek or slight lip stain. I mixed it with Benefit high beam (a complexion enhancer) for a nice subtle shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try the Benefit Benetint. I am all for evening skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bliss Hot Salt Scrub and Philosophy's Pure Grace. . .I've tried the Benefit Benetint, but I think my complexion is a little too deep for it! :( I have LOTS of friends that swear by it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah i need that Dior Show Mascara! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried "Lush" Brand ocean salt scrub? They sell it at Macy's and I love it!

    I stopped by the benefit counter today to try their "High brow" highlighting pencil and their mascara, but I wasn't impressed. I might need to give it a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1:41 am poster: just to clarify, the benetint is not for evening out skin tone. it's a stain that gives you a nice rosy flush on your cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you all please make a post about facials? I'm making a trip this weekend to purchase Benefit Benetint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9:12am poster: YES! We will have a post about facials very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Correction . . .I haven't tried Benefit Benetint! I've tried the Benefit Poisie Tint . . .too bright for my skin tone! But, I will be making a trip to go buy the Benetint and try it out! SORRY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that Dior mascara in Glamour. I'm a mascara junkie. Guess I should add that to my collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love for someone to try the Oscar Blondie hair color touch-up stick - $23.00 at Sephora. I want to know if it really gives you a natural look when covering dark roots - as Allure proclaims.

    ReplyDelete