Custom Search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Poetic Wax

Poetic Wax for Hair Removal

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Poetic Wax! First of all, I am a hairy beast and as mentioned, I have mutant hair. Hair sprouts all over me. I remove it, two days later it’s growing back. Needless to say, I do not have time to run to get a wax every two days. Even if I did have the time, I just wouldn’t want to. The bikini wax is the most popular method for hair removal, and I agree 100%. For the upper lip, I know people that pluck, but I’m not a moustache plucker. I also know people that bleach, which I never understood. The hair is still there, it’s just lighter… and really, to be honest, it annoys me when I see that. It reminds me of a 70’s used car salesman for some reason. So, I prefer wax. I want every little hair gone. So…. Nair sorts of things are unbearable. The scent is terrible, and then right under your nose, ugh!! Plus, I tried it once and I had this weird red stripe which looked like I had a fever blister that stretched from one end of my lip to the other. Horrific! I have no coordination to thread, so I sought out an at-home wax kit. First and last stop, Bliss catalog. I ordered the Poetic wax kit and anticipated its arrival.

Poetic arrives and I pull out all the contents, read the directions and get to work. Over time, here is what I learned about using Poetic:

- The instructions tell you to use some fancy French word for a skillet of hot water. Use a candle warmer. I waited FOREVER for the wax to melt in the hot water. The wax also cooled very quickly. A candle warmer is much more effective. Plus it’s weird to go back and forth from kitchen to bathroom with a skillet of water. I got looks.

- It is a bad idea to put Poetic on the candle warmer before you leave for work and decide to wax when you come home.

- The pre and post wax stuff really does help. Especially if you are waxing your bikini area. More on the bikini area later.

- Relatively speaking, Poetic doesn’t hurt. This is important to know when and if you decide to tackle your bikini line. ‘

- Never use Poetic for shaping the eyebrow area. Never. Very undesirable results.

-   Poetic says “four weeks” but I find myself pulling it out two days later. This may not be your experience, I am sure this has something to do with my mutant hair.

Over time, this is what I have learned about Poetic specific to the bikini area:

- Poetic is not extremely painful. Why do I keep mentioning this? Because if you do brave waxing the bikini line, you need to know this so you aren’t afraid to pull the wax off. Hesitation to pull the wax leads to pain. Don’t think twice about it. Just pull. Pull quickly.

- Never, ever, ever, ever do a rush bikini wax. Never. I won’t go into detail here, but let’s just say little pieces of blue wax will accompany you to your destination.

- Keep it simple. There is a reason you are not employed as a waxer. Know and understand this. Repeat this to yourself of this when you decide to give yourself a Brazillian.

- If you take the winter off from waxing, cut before the first wax of Spring.

Poetic Wax can be found at Bliss and Sephora.

xoxo

din

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the hairy part! i have tried everything! i am going to have to try this. i envy my sister and mother they are not as hairy as i am. it is so embarassing. i just glad my fiance doesnt have such a big problem with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing on some insider information..

    To celebrate its arrival in Houston, European Wax Center is throwing a sexy French-themed bash, called Skin, on June 26th, 2009 – from 6 to 9 PM. The store is located in River Oaks Plaza. This event is FREE and open to the public. Guests can groove to the languid beats of Parisian lounge music while indulging in delectable French hors d’oeuvres, desserts and champagne – all while models show off their freshly waxed, smooth skin in the hottest swimwear by Zingara. A wax expert will even demonstrate the proprietary wax and waxing process with volunteer guests. A drawing will also be held every half-hour during the party to win “Club 30” memberships, which offer 30% off all services and 20% of all retail purchases.

    The celebration will continue into the weekend with an Open House all day Saturday and Sunday, June 27th and 28th, with more drawings to win “Club 30” memberships as well as free unlimited waxing services. (No need to be present to win.) European Wax Center will donate 10 percent of all sales from pre-paid services, gift certificates, and retail products during the party throughout the Open House weekend to benefit the Women's Fund.

    ReplyDelete