Custom Search

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sedu

Sedu Flat Iron



I love the Sedu! I've introduced this miraculous straightening tool to numerous friends, and it was well-received by all. I don't think there is a single girlfriend who I let borrow my Sedu who didn't end up buying one of her own. I really should be Sedu's spokeswoman. 


When I first got the Sedu, my husband said my hair looked so good that I didn't need to ever see my stylist again. He said he couldn't tell the difference between what I had done and when I come home after getting my hair done. (Although I suspect that he was saying that to discourage me from spending the money to see my stylist.) Nonetheless, this is definitely the next best thing. Oh, and I was due for a relaxer the first time I used it as well, and you couldn't even tell!


Instead of just being ceramic, Sedu plates are ceramic/tourmaline. Tourmaline is a type of gem. Now, besides just the feeling that straightening your hair with a precious stone must be luxurious, tourmaline actually has a high negative ion output. I have no idea why a high negative ion output results in sleeker, more frizz-free hair, but it does. This, I think, is why the Sedu trumps the Chi- the Chi is only ceramic.


The Sedu heats up pretty instantly, no matter what temperature I set it to. It is always ready in a few seconds. When I use the Sedu, the time it takes to straighten all of my hair seems to be cut down by a third. For some, they say it cuts their time in half. The plates slide easily over my hair, and never leave any dents. The result is super straight, super shiny hair, that does not frizz easily at all. It's almost magic because my hair has ALWAYS frizzed. On a humid day, I may lose my bump, but I will not have frizz. Usually, I do not have to re-flat iron my hair for a couple of days- if I sleep carefully. This thing is wondrous, I tell you.


I don't know if other people care about this as much as I do, but it comes with a handy dandy pouch so I can put it up right away instead of waiting for it to cool down. I likes that. I adore my Sedu, and I will always use it. Now I just wish they would come out with a curling iron, because I still have not quite figured out how to do curls with a flat iron.


xoxo


nkechi

12 comments:

  1. A must have! Where do I purchase this magical wand and how big of a dent will it put into my getaway stash? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the words right out of my mouth Hello Kitty! I am ready to go and get it right now! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got mine from folica.com. they're actually the ones that include the handy dandy pouch. They have it priced at $240, but they slash that out and fill in the promotional price of $119.99, but it's been that "promotional price" ever since i discovered it, so i don't imagine it changing any time soon. that's for the 1.5". you can get the 1" for $108.99, but i also wanna see what that "revolution pro nano" one is all about at $149.99!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Din! My husband is gonna kill you . . .I just ordered it . . .hand dandy pouch and all! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never mind, the revolution pro nano got sucky reviews...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to try this flat iron! I have natural hair and i have been scared to go to the salon because of horror stories that i have heard about straightening ur hair and it not reverting back. i tried the chi and it work fine but i still looking for that one! i am going to have to buy myself a early bday present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Din gave me one and it is WONDERFUL! I also have the Chi, but the Sedu is a little smaller and easier to handle. It really does run across the hair more smoothly. I love my Chi too, but with the Sedu you can set the temperature and it's easier for curling hair...Nkechi, Kara is really good with using flat irons to curl hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you for the info!! I must try this ASAP:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So...my hair is relaxed. But, I want to be able to go longer between relaxers like at least 8 to 10 weeks instead of 5 or 6 weeks. Will the Sedu work for me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ c_squarejones i have used it to extend the time between relaxers and it works well for that.

    ReplyDelete